Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Year-End Review


So 2009 was a huge year for new and ridiculously amazing electronic music. Whether the artist released their first album (in the case of CFCF or La Roux) or veterans pushing new material (The Crystal Method or The Prodigy). Overall I was extremely impressed with the plethora of talent showcased this past year, but a few stood out more than others.

I won't go through reviewing every single track on my "best-of" list because you can check out this past week's show in the CJAM archive, but I will point out my number one choice. The collaboration effort between Modeselektor, Apparat, and producer Gernot Bronsert, entitled Moderat, was a stellar album. It combined the style of each individual into a mind-numbing supersound. If you are interested in any of these three programmers check out their self-titled album.

Top Tracks of 2009:
01. Moderat - Rusty Nails
02. Zoot Woman - Saturation
03. Deadmau5 - Ghosts 'n Stuff (ft. Rob Swire)
04. Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
05. Misstress Barbara - I'm Running (ft. Sam Roberts)
06. La Roux - Bulletproof
07. CFCF - You Hear Colours
08. Royksopp - This Must Be It
09. Animal Collective - My Girls
10. Marsheaux - So Far

1 comment:

Washing Machine said...

the crystal method is awesome.

-clara